A condition of splitting of the shaft of the hair, giving it a feathers appearance. Chemical and mechanical agents can damage the hair cuticle like:
- Vigorous brushing
- Improper use of hair dryer. Curling iron and hot rollers.
- Severe sun exposure
- Long Hair
- Use of aggressive and alkaline styling product
Preventing Split Hair:
- Prevent vigorous brushing while the hair is still wet, it is far better touse a wide toothed and woody comb.
- Although the hair dryer , curling iron and hot rollers are practical accessories used for hair styling, they have neverthless the disadvantage of being sometimes responsible for the appearance of split ends. the best way to dry hair using a towel and let hair to dry gently, if you absolutely need to use heat to style your hair then take the hair dryer for appropriate distance and use warm blow instead of hot.
- Protect your hair from the sun, UV rays dry and damages hair cuticles. Make it a habit to wear a hat, then there are also products containing capillaries sun screens.
- Protect your hair from chemicals and hair drying, do not use any shampoo, choose a shampoo that respect the nature of your hair.
- If you have long hair, do not rub vigorously, it is best to only massage the scalp with a little shampoo, this gentle handling of the hair prevents the occurrence of split ends.
In some cases, it is preferable to cut the split ends every six weeks, cut hair 1, 2 cm above the forks.