Lift or Facelift with Thread:
From 35 years old the aging change and skin laxity start and get worse gradually It appears on face, cheeks, eyebrows, chin and neck.
Thread lift is a technique which is done with local anesthesia in about 30 minutes to an hour without the need for hospitalization and done in outpatient form.
These threads are generally divided in two categories: absorbable and non-absorbable, that by using thin needles, these threads are inserted under the skin. Lift Threads has fine spurs that cause lift and hold the skin and tissue with supportive fibrosis, this new scaffold helps to increase the tension and adds durability. Usually absorbable thread 6 to 15 months remains in place but lifting effect due to fibrotic reaction induced by the thorns of the thread remains longer. In the non-absorbable thread the duration varies between 2 to 4 years, which sometimes can be much more.
Patients within 2 days after the surgery can return to normal activities, but it usually takes 10 days for the skin to return to its natural state and all symptoms disappear.
What is PDO?
- PDO (Polydioxanone)
- Tissue reaction (Allergy reaction)
- Low infection risk
How is its effect?
Actually its effect is like foreign body reaction, PDO thread makes allergy reaction inside the dermis that stimulate fibroblast cells to produce collagen around the thread, finally this ends to collagen lift.
Advantage of collagen lift?
- Short operation time
- No incision & no scar
- No hospital stay
- But instant & Semipermanent Result
- Absorbable so repetition possible
Vector reinforcement factor:
- Thread Number
- Thread Thickness
- Distance Between Thread
- Insertion Depth
For good tightening:
- The more number, the better result
- The thicker, the better but thinking down time
- The more layer, the better result
Side effect of thread lift :
- Tip extrusion of the thread ends_pinch and cut the end
- Bruises can appear due to small vessels damage for 7 days
- Minor edema or swelling for a week
- Prickling sensation or tip extrusion casionally for 1 month
- Transient local irritation
- Wound infection / discomfort
- Rippling / indentation
The complications of Face Lift Surgery:
Swelling, bruising, ecchymosis and slight pain are the small competition of this type of surgery that can be cleared in a few days.
Which persons are appropriate people to do this?
Usually average between 35 and 55 years with Shelley and moderate sagging and with stable personality, anxious and extremely sensitive character are not appropriate for this surgery.
Some cases that we can’t do this surgery:
Pregnant women, people with advanced cancer, those with chronic skin diseases, Infection in place of surgery, in people with underlying allergies and immune disorders are the persons that can’t tolerate this type of surgery.
Notes that must be marked after surgery:
- Facial massage and vigorous washing of the face (brush drag) until 3 days should be avoided.
- For a short time using the sauna – Jacuzzi should be avoided.
- For a month the intense exercise should be under control.
- Medication like aspirin – Gelofen – ibuprofen should be avoided for a week. (Acetaminophen no problem)
- During sleeping, lying on his back, preferably not at prone position.
- Prescribe antibiotics for 5 days
- Apply cold pack on procedure site if swelling persists for 3 days
- Gently massage puckering or dimpling sites
- Avoid excessive movement of procedure sites for 2 weeks